Friday, October 31, 2014

“Bursting Out of the Wrap” Fajita Burrito



This has been a big hit for me as it is quick, easy, cost effective, and more of all yummy honey!  This recipe can be altered with other veggies and seasonings, it is all up to the chef so have fun making it and have fun keeping the burrito actually together hehe.  I will not specifically say how much of everything to put in your burrito, I will leave that up to you; I will just list what I used.

Ingredients:
whole wheat wrap 
black beans
bell peppers (all different colors)
shredded mozzarella (vegan of course and you know I like daiya)
red onions (sliced and cut in half)
salsa (homemade of fresh…not salsa sauce like in the jar)
yellow squash (cut circles then cut again in half)

Directions:
1. I like to cook everything separately and seasoning them all differently:
-black beans (cumin and pepper)
-bell peppers (pepper, sea salt, garlic, onion)
-red onions (caramelizing them with agave nectar)…Caramelizing onions just requires you to sauté them until half crunch and half soft, then pouring a little agave nectar over them and sauté them again.
-yellow squash (chili powder and old bay –yup I said old bay)

2. Once everything is cooked, I lay my whole wheat wrap flat and start the funky layering-ending with the shredded cheese. I call this burrito “Bursting Out of the Warp” because by the time you add all these ingredients, the burrito can barely close.

3. I then top it off with a little hot sauce, yes!


LOVING FOOD AS PEACE...
-That VVV.

No comments:

Post a Comment