Friday, October 31, 2014

Morning Tofu Spinach Quiche


(PIC COMNIG SOON-AS I COOK IT AGAIN)
I do not know about you but I love quiche, nobody in my family makes it that often but when I used to go out the house I LOVED finding others that made it. This dish I made years ago as a non-vegan-eater and it has followed me along the way. It’s still cheesy and holds very well together so you will not miss the diary, promise.   Don't forget to add your own veggies and spices as you please.

Ingredients (serves 4-6):
1 (8 ounce) container tofu
1/3 cup milk (almond or rice)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
1 diced jalapeno (if you want the spice)
1 bag or so of spinach (chop it up)
1 tablespoon minced garlic (I like a lot!)
1/4 cup diced onion
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (any type-I would use Daiya cheddar of course)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a blender, combine tofu and milk; process until smooth, adding more milk if necessary. Blend in all seasonings (including nutritional yeast).

3. In a medium bowl, combine spinach, garlic, onion, cheeses, and tofu mixture. Mix well, and pour into a glass baking dish.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until set and golden brown on top. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

LOVING FOOD AS PEACE...
-That VVV-

No comments:

Post a Comment