Wednesday, November 12, 2014

"The Better" Filet-O-Fish Sandwich


McDonalds is now out of business folks!  This is by far one of my most favorite and loved recipes.  McDonalds has a lot of money because of me because I used to LOVE their Filet-O-Fish.  So I told myself why not create my own now and not to deprive myself of not ever having that sandwich again.  The mixture of these ingredients and the way the tofu is cooked- TRUST- it comes out flaky and tasting like a fish which surprised me because the consistency of tofu is not flaky at all …AMAZING!
Ingredients:
1 package of Tofu
5 tablespoons brown flaxseed + water (egg-like mixture)

Coating (based on how good you coat your tofu you can adjust the following ingredients as need be):
panko breadcrumbs
Crumbled up seaweed
Salt
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Pepper
Dill weed
Old bay

Tarter sauce:
Vegan mayo
Sweet relish
Mustard
Lemon juice
Old bay

To Make the Sandwich:
Vegan cheese slices (daiya is what I used since it melts great or make your own cheese here)
Whole wheat buns

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400.

2. Make your egg next by combining the flaxseed and water, after it sits for a minute it will create a yolky egg-like substance perfect for dipping our tofu in.

3. Next, press your tofu on a plate to get all of the water out (I like to use a plate to push down on top of it). And cut your tofu into 4 squared pieces.

4. Mix up your breadcrumbs, seaweed, and seasonings to make your batter.

5. Dip the each of your tofu blocks into the egg mixture first then coat it all the way around using the batter and place on baking/cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Place in over and cook for 15 minutes on each side.

6. To make your tarter sauce, mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.

7. Finally remove tofu blocks and layer your sandwich as follows: bottom bun, cheese, tofu block, tarter sauce, top of bun, ENJOY!

LOVNIG FOOD AS PEACE…
-That VVV.

No comments:

Post a Comment